Tuesday 29 June 2010

...to gain Power.

I must admit, although I have been a Kanye West fan from the get go, I was just as sceptical as the critics when he revealed that he was going to release ''808 and Heartbreaks'' as a singing album. It caught me off guard and to be honest I wasn't expecting much at all from him. However once I heard ''Love Lockdown'' I was instantly pleasantly surprised. As I said before I have been a Kanye fan for a long time and I loved all of his previous albums but I personally believed that Kanye had outdone himself and that that was the peak of his career. So even though I was excited to hear that Kanye was back in the studio I was excited and again a little sceptical. After all how do you follow up an epic album such as ''808 and Heartbreaks''? Then I heard the title of the new album would be 'Good Ass Job' I thought this all must be a joke right? I mean how creative can the songs on an album that has that title be? But all those doubts left as soon as I heard the first few seconds of the lead single ''Power''.

With a catchy beat and relevant lyrics such as ''...they say I was the abomination of Obama's nation" with the much needed dose of humour how could Kanye fail to please any Hip Hop fans? He has finally combined the Kanye we met on the ''The College Drop Out'' and the Kanye who serenaded us. After hearing this track you will understand why he named his album a Good Ass Job!

The only way he could improve now is by correcting his grammar. LOL