Monday 28 June 2010

... for forgiveness.


I must admit, I am a self proclaimed Chris Brown fanatic. So it comes as no surprise to the people who know me that after watching him perform at the 2010 BET awards that I thought the performance was magnificent. His dancing was so much like Michael that just for a second it felt as though Michael was on stage. But this was still not enough to be the highlight of his performance. The highlight was Chris's breakdown during his performance of ''Man In The Mirror.'' This to some was perceived as a publicity stunt but to others, such as myself, it seemed genuine. Just last year Chris was the outcast that wasn't allowed to perform a tribute to his late hero. And a whole year later he is the artist that performed the tribute and was greeted with a hug at the end of his hero's brother. I am aware of the horrific mistake that Chris made but I am also aware of the steps that he has taken to improve his behaviour and correct his mistakes. Everyone deserve a second chance and I believe that after this performance Chris does not only deserve it but he has earned his second chance.